Structure - Departments
Solomon Telekom Company Limited (Our Telekom) has five (5) departments with various section/units within each department. An overview of each one is as follows:
1. CORPORATE DEPARTMENT
This team ensures Our Telekom's strategies, plans, policies and objectives are implemented to the required standards. With executive management, they report to the Company’s Board on the general performance of the business.
Section/Unit within the Corporate Department:
1. Corporate CE
- Planning and Strategising.
- Oversees overall Company operations.
- Responsible for the delivery of the corporate communication function to support departmental and organisational business.
2. Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
- Performs and reports outcomes of risk based audits across the organization including advisory services as and when required.
- Provides provide guidance to the business to help the business ensure that regulatory and risk controls are in place throughout the business and all regulatory obligations are adhered to in conjunction with the requirement of the business.
3. Legal & Regulatory
- Provide legal advice and make legal representations for and on behalf of the company Barrister.
2. ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Responsible for developing capability, defining processes and leading the development of Our Telekom's specialists functions including network planning, network measurement and analysis and network optimization; combining software development/configuration, process creation and management—building the overall network management capability for surveillance and incident management.
Sections/Units within the Engineering Department:
1. Information Systems
- Responsible for design and implementation of IP solutions along with other departments.
- Delivering services and products using IP network that meet defined quality service standards.
2. Customer Operations
- Responsible for engineering design, operational performance, maintenance and upgrade of the Fixed Access Network infrastructures, accessories to meet Telecommunication Standards and specifications.
- Ensuring Our Telekom Customers are provided with services and products in timely and efficient manner.
- Quality services and customer satisfaction are prioritized at all times.
3. Network Operations
- Responsible for engineering design, operational performance, maintenance and upgrade of all types of transmission equipment and systems; providing supervision and leadership to staff, suppliers and contractors in the design, installation and testing and maintenance of transmission equipment and systems.
- Responsible for engineering, operation, maintenance and upgrade of all power plant equipment and systems; providing supervision and leadership in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of power equipment and systems.
- Responsible for the overall optimization, planning and development of mobile network and associated systems.
- Development of mobile network plan, network measurement and analysis and network optimization.
4. Network Management & Support
- Responsible for the design, installation and operation of NOC and operational procedures.
- Providing leadership and supervision in monitoring, detecting and resolving and reporting all events (Telecommunication, power, IP, and Security Network Issues) through NOC.
- Compiling and reporting traffic statistics on performance, trends and forecast.
- Responsible for the design, provisioning and integration of new projects
- Ensuring the best solution and timely installation of new network systems or required products.
- Providing supervision and leadership in the installation and testing of new network, systems or products.
5. Core Platforms
- Responsible for selection, engineering, feature content, utilisation, operational performance, and upgrade of all different types of platforms; providing supervision and leadership in design, installation, testing, maintenance, and continuous provision of services through different platforms.
3. COMMERCIAL DEPARTMENT
This team looks after Our Telekom’s commercial segment - development of business products, marketing and sales and customer services. It ensures the integrated commercial success of Our Telekom.
Sections/Units within the Commercial Department:
1. Product Development Section
- Product Management, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, Finance, and supporting departments to ensure requirements are clearly and accurately translated and viable, risks are effectively managed and revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
2. Marketing Section
- Development of Our Telekom’s marketing goals and strategies.
- Conducting market researches and monitoring customer needs.
- Promotion and advertisement.
- Prepaid Services.
- Corporate Sales.
- SME Sales.
- Call Center.
- Internet Helpdesk & Internet Services.
- Leading an effective sales force with effective sales strategies suited to a competitive environment and establish sales target to meet overall business key performance indicators.
4. Commercial Analysis Section
- Analyzing product revenues and margins and developing pricing methodology; determines pricing of new products, and monitors performance of all products during their lifecycle. Provide commercial business case modelling for product development and investment modelling including the revenue strategy and plan.
- Leading the development and implementation of sales plans for Retail initiatives nationally in pursuit of sustainable growth in the business and increasing revenue.
6. Prepaid Section
- Responsible for all Prepaid Services (Mobile, Fixed Line & Internet) and ensures Prepaid revenue meets overall Company Revenue Targets.
7. Provincial and outside Honiara City Boundaries Section
- Responsible for driving Sales & Revenue, people management and overall management of all small provincial customer centres and other areas outside of the Honiara City boundaries.
4. FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Responsible for financial and fiscal management aspects of the company operations; providing leadership in administrative, business planning, accounting and budget activities.
Sections/Units within the Finance Department:
1. Financial Operations
- To provide high level financial and management accounting services including assistance in the preparation of statutory accounts, review and processing of transactions and reconciliations in accordance with Accounting Standards. Also includes the risk and compliance management, conducting checks in order to assess the effectiveness of controls.
2. Business Support
- Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyse financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
3. Billing & Revenue Assurance
- Ensure revenue is processed and recorded accurately and efficiently whilst monitoring, identifying, remedying, and preventing problems that result in financial under performance.
5. HR & SUPPORT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
This team supports the business operation through administrating and managing workers contracts, benefits, welfare and facilitates logistics.
Sections/Units within the HR & Support Services Department:
1. HR & Business Support
- Responsible for implementing employee relation, health safety and well-being framework; ensuring continued delivery of key services and quality experience by customer in the event of significant, untold crisis event.
- Responsible for the delivery of Business Support function to support departmental and organisational business objectives.
- Responsible for managing and driving Human Resources, Learning and Development strategy by developing and managing processes and capabilities that ensure effective and efficient delivery of services.
2. Property Security & Fleet Section
- Responsible for the delivery of the property function to support departmental and organisational business objectives.
- Administering day to day company vehicle fleet general maintenance and fuel suppliers.
- Managing a team of security personnel, designing, installation, commissioning and operation of electronic security systems and providing supervision and leadership on all facet of security to ensure protection of company employees, assets and property.