Do you value career progression opportunities?
Is working for an awesome company important to you?
Are you Chief Financial Officer who is a People’s Person?
An exciting opportunity now exists to join Solomon Islands owned major and “Number one” telecommunication provider. We are a values based organisation that stands for attitude, innovation and reliability. We have achieved our market leading status by being one step ahead of our competitors. We strive for excellence; challenge the norm, committed to achieving objectives and to putting into action business improvement initiatives. The culture is fun, friendly and really looking after our staff!
This position reports directly to the CE, and will see you liaise with the senior management team at the Senior Management and business level. You will have executive responsibility for financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. You will provide clear leadership in administrative, business planning, accounting and budget activity so as to drive the business towards exceeding its financial and operational targets.
The principal accountabilities of this role are;
- Coordinate and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
- Ensure compliance with local reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual financial statements and financial reports in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Coordinate the preparation of annual and monthly cashflow forecasting and budgets. This includes monthly monitoring reporting.
- Liaise with external auditors regarding audit of annual financial statements and ensuring “clean audits”.
Coordinate the preparation of board and management reports, information reports and other management reporting as required.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation, approval and processing of revenue, expenditure and departmental budgets,
- Close monitoring of company performance by establishment and adherence to Key Performance Indicators, periodic dashboards, key ratios etc. This is expected to form part of monthly board reporting.
- Monitor and analyse cash flow, cost controls and expenses.
Analyse financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas and implement improvement strategies as required.
- Oversee working capital management, highlight areas of weakness, implement improvements as required and generally ensure bad debts are minimised and working capital is well managed.
- Coordinate the billing process.
- Coordinate balance sheet and risk management procedures, including (but not limited to) stock control procedures, asset control, liability management, capital management/utilisation and representation on, and reporting.
- Oversee financial management of offshore domiciled assets and investments.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Coordinate the reconciliation processes to ensure losses are minimised.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting and audit standards
- Ensure all regulatory and reporting requirements are adhered to at all times.
Oversee risk management/adherence to key contracts, insurance, leases etc..
- Manage the current billing/accounting systems, and develop processes for improvement and implementation of an integrated billing platform.
- As a part of the senior executive, be active in the Strategic Planning process and Continuous Improvement process.
- Be available to all divisions to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees as required.
- Supervise the Finance Department by meeting all HR requirements, staff control, performance management, policy & procedure adherence etc.
- Ensure all Job Description Documents are current and suitable.
Raise the bar of the division by critically assessing performance criteria and by high-level recruitment.
- Coordinate all external financial relationships, particularly with financial institutions, auditors, major suppliers and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal audit.
- Perform other functions as requested by the CE or Board
Necessary skills and experience
- Key skills for this role include:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles,
- In Depth knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
Credibility with the ability to maintain relationships with key stakeholders and influence at an executive and board level.
- Minimum qualifications of Bachelor of Arts Degree in accounting and/or finance.
- CA/CPA Qualified with valid membership to a corresponding Body
- At least 5 -10 years experience in a senior financial management role in the Telecommunications sector or other industries..
- Experience in meeting regulatory requirements.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Change management experience.
The ideal person will be forward thinking, switched on, a positive role model/ mentor and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will be self-motivated, innovative and a ‘bigger picture person’.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to really take this role to the next level. DON’T MISS OUT!
For further information on the role and full Job Description, please contact Ms Wain Dakei, Human Resources on Phone +677 30201 Ext 350.
If you have what it takes to deliver excellent performance send your application by Friday 5th October 2018 along with your CV via email Recruitment@telekom.com.sb
“Chief Financial Officer ”
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
Honiara, Solomon Islands