- Do you value progressing shareholder value and business opportunities for a nationally owned company?
- Is leading a robust and sustainable company important to you?
- Do you have a track record in managing and growing a multilayered business in the telecommunications industry?
- Are you a dynamic and inspirational leader with excellent people skills and the ability to engage and develop lasting, positive relationships with a range of stakeholders?
- Does your commercial acumen match your skill in identifying and capitalising on opportunities and finding innovative solutions for growing your business?
An exciting opportunity now exists to join Solomon Islands owned major and “Number one” telecommunication provider. We are an organisation that values strategic thinking, innovation and process and a results driven culture. We have achieved our market leading status by being one step ahead of our competitors. We strive for excellence; challenge the norm, committed to achieving objectives and to putting into action business improvement initiatives. The culture is fun, friendly and really looking after our staff!
This position reports directly to the Chairman of the Solomon Telekom Company Limited Board, but will see you liaise with Board Directors and the Senior Management team at board and business level. You will lead the business and are tasked with navigating the company and its subsidiary through complex issues; prioritising, managing and delivering outcomes that fulfil the strategic and commercial priorities of the Company’s Shareholders.
- Monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations of the Telecommunications Industry in the Solomon Islands by ensuring that the company has the appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and legally.
- To develop, obtain agreement to, implement, review and monitor the effectiveness of a long term corporate strategy, a medium term corporate plan and an Annual Business Plan that ensure the organisation develops assets and maintains the foundation to deliver services and value that all stakeholders require.
- Assures service quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Helps the relevant Boards articulate their own role and accountabilities and that of its committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board Chair to enable the Board to fulfil its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- Promotes business models and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Facilitates the integration of company core values into the fabric of the Company by leading through personal example and by encouraging all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Company’s standards, policies and health and safety by leading and promoting these standards and ethics.
- Works with legislators, regulatory agencies, and representatives of the telecommunications and private sectors to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy and robust environment that ensures both the company and its subsidiary can thrive.
Necessary skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required (Master’s degree desirable) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an executive management position at Board level.
- The specialist nature of the business requires the post holder to have prior operational, strategic and leadership experience in the Telecommunications and Private sectors as well as the capability to manage large capital projects running simultaneously within the business.
- A proven track record in managing and growing a multilayered business.
- Experience in leading and actively developing and documenting strategic plans for large businesses as well as having an in depth understanding of the structural, corporate governance and other challenges faced by the telecommunications private sector.
- Experience with regulating risk management
- Strong experience in people strategies for attracting, retaining and compensating
- Ability to communicate, influence and work collaboratively with employees, shareholders, local and international stakeholders, national government agencies and the media by maintaining a strong and positive vision of the company.
The ideal person will be forward thinking, switched on, a positive role model/ mentor and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will be self-motivated, innovative and a 'bigger picture person'.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to really take this role to the next level.
For further information on the role and full Job Description, please contact:
Solomon Telekom Board of Directors
Phone: +677 43108
Applications must be sent in by 5th December 2018, 2pm along with your CV to the Board Secretary via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Solomon Telekom Board of Directors
C/o Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O. Box 148,
Honiara, Solomon Islands