Vacancy Title: Engineer Network
Reports To (Position): Senior Engineer Network
Section/Department: Information Systems – Engineering Department
Position Purpose: Engineer Network is to assist the Senior Engineer Network in design, development, maintenance, administration and support of the core IP logical and physical network to ensure optimal quality of service and effective IP network convergence.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, email@example.com with the subject “Engineer Network” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Tuesday 27th November 2018. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Eligible nationality: Applicant must hold a Solomon Islands citizenship.
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Sound knowledge of Telecommunications, Networking, Electrical, or electronic related concepts.
- Knowledge and experience in the operation of Hardware and Software used by Service Platforms.
- Ability to plan to plan, organise, lead, and implement solutions in a platforms environment.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and project management. Ability to grasp and implement newly introduced modern technology concepts.
- Knowledge of safety policies and regulations.
- Assist Senior Engineer Core Network/Support with continuous availability of internet services.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting network infrastructure.
- Assist in Managing and ensuring network security operations.
- Monitor network performance and develop solutions and security audits periodically.
- Provide network/IP support for projects across the organisation.
- Keeping stock of Networking equipment on hand and projection for future needs.
- Provide support for internet service to customers.
- Provide high level of customer service.
- Implement routine maintenance procedures and processes.
- Support all company goals and objectives.
- Document all IP infrastructure access.
- Assist others across the organisation with internet issues.
- Assist Staff with learning and development.
Work with people across the organisation on best networks-user practices and standards.
Qualifications Required: Diploma or degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (related to Telecommunications and Networking) from an accredited and recognised institution.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th November 2018.