Vacancy Title: Engineer Support Systems – Microsoft
Reports To (Position): Senior Engineer – Support & Corporate Systems
Section/Department: Information Systems – Engineering Department
Position Purpose: Engineer Support Systems - Microsoft is responsible to provide support in the acquisition, installation, implementation, operation, and maintenance of all Microsoft based, and other adhoc systems in Solomon Telekom.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Engineer Support Systems – Microsoft” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 30th August 2019. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
“Engineer Support Systems – Microsoft”
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148, Honiara
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Knowledge of telecommunications, electrical, Networking and IT concepts.
- Knowledge of server inputs/outputs, data and network security, and capacity implementation in a telecommunication environment.
- Knowledge and experience in various server hardware and software used in the organisation.
- Ability to pan, organise, and implement solutions in the telecommunication environment.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills and project management. Ability to grasp newly introduced technology quickly and knowledge of safety policies and regulations.
- Develop, implement, maintain, secure and troubleshoot Microsoft based devices in the infrastructure.
- Ensure server availability to serve customers and internal users.
- Evaluate Software and hardware life and make recommendations.
- Monitor support system performance and operation standards.
- Plan improvement, modification or replacement of Microsoft systems and device capacity to meet customer demand.
- Confer with suppliers and for support issues and remedial solution to Microsoft Systems.
- Systems support when required by users and suppliers.
- Provide high level of support externally and internally Customer Priority.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and processes, and associated Microsoft training plans.
- Routine Weekly/ Monthly updates to supervisors.
- Support all company policies, goals, and update PDs and objective plans.
- Cooperate with supervisor to develop, evaluate, improve and document routine maintenance procedures and policies.
- Assist others across the organisation when required, with relevant support systems evaluations and implementations.
- Assist on performance measurement of Staff.
- Assist with learning and development of staff.
Qualifications Required: Diploma or Degree in either Electrical, IT, Networking, VMware from accredited and recognised institutions.
Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019