Vacancy Title: Engineer Western
Reports To (Position): Senior Engineer Terrestrial
Section/Department: Network Operations – Engineering Department
Position Purpose: The Engineer Western is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the mobile, microwave, satellite and fibre networks’ in the Western region – ensuring the network is available for provision of services, and meets the defined performance criteria to deliver these services.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, email@example.com with the subject “Engineer Western” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 21st June 2019. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Vacancy Location: Gizo, Western Province, Solomon Islands.
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Ability to communicate, manage and implement technical solutions.
- Strong analytic and proven strategic management skills.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate effectively with multiple level of internal staff.
- Ability to multitask by managing, tracking and resolving multiple issues simultaneously.
- Effective time management skills, take initiative in the absence of direction and exercises independent judgment without constant supervision.
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Sense of urgency, initiative and competitive drive to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that all radio access networks (UMTS & GSM); customer and backhaul microwave links; customer and backhaul satellite links; and fibre transmission equipment links within the Western region – are continuously operational for provision of services, and meet optimal performance requirements.
- Assist when required, through routine and corrective maintenance – the proper network optimisation of the radio access network; the availability, efficiency, and best performance of the microwave network; the availability, efficiency, and best performance of all satellite links; and the reliability of the fibre network in the Western region.
- Assist in forecasting and planning for the expansion of the radio access network, the microwave network, the satellite links, and the fibre network in the Western Region.
- Provide assistance to the mobile, microwave, satellite, and fibre teams when required, in achieving the overall objectives of the department.
- Assist in rigging activities when required and resolve identified faults in a reasonable timeframe.
Provide support for projects, as and when required.
- Ensure that any installations, modifications, or maintenance work under the specified area of responsibility on the Western region network adheres to recognised standards and performance.
- Prepare and submit periodical summary updates and reports to the Manager Transmission on the performance of Transmission activities in the Western region; and provide separate reports, as and when required.
- Ensure that there are sufficient spares geographically located at specified company locations within the Western region; and that an inventory is kept of all spares, for which an update is made periodically.
- Support all company policies, goals, and objectives.
- Engage and participate in planning discussions.
- Assist team to improve staff engagement points by rendering supporting and participation in team activities.
- Identify and recommend areas of development to better equip with knowledge and skills.
Qualifications Required: Diploma or Bachelor in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or relevant Telecommunication field.
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019