Vacancy Title: Financial & Operations Accountant
Reports To (Position): Chief Financial Officer
Section/Department: Financial Operations – Finance Department
Position Purpose: To provide high level financial and management accounting services including assistance in the preparation of statutory accounts, review and processing of transactions and reconciliations in accordance with Accounting Standards. Also includes the risk and compliance management, conducting checks in order to assess the effectiveness of controls.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, email@example.com with the subject “Financial & Operations Accountant” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 16th August 2019. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
“Financial & Operations Accountant”
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Proficient with other Microsoft Office applications with advanced Microsoft excel skills (data manipulation, advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Audit background is desirable, or experience in compiling complete Financial Statements and dealing with external audits.
- Strong customer focussed approach.
- Manage and supervise supervisors within the finance department.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focussed approach. Must be a team leader and team player.
- Assist in Preparation of annual Financial Statements and management reports.
- Assist Development, implementation and maintenance of a compliance and risk register.
- Ensure penalties for late payments 100% eliminated (Taxes, NPF, loan repayments, licences etc.)
- Check GL postings are correct for all payments/revenue and procedural/GL reconciliations are completed/ accurate and discrepancies identified and cleared. 10 working days of the new month.
- Check to ensure all suppliers invoices are processed correctly, taking into account applicable regulations pertaining to taxes, etc., and is paid on a timely manner.
- Check to ensure international suppliers’ payments are paid on time to maximise payment terms.
- Ensure the closure of Accounts Payable by monthly reporting deadlines and any associated accruals and other journals booked.
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase efficiencies within the current processes, and strengthen controls to improve various finance functions.
- Engage and consultation with other departments to ensure proper and efficient accounting methods as well as understanding the business needs of other departments as it pertains to finance team
- Ensure all AP/Payroll/Finance Operational processes and procedures are reviewed and documented.
- Ensure all statutory, regulatory and loan repayments are processed and remitted in a timely manner.
- Attend internal trainings conducted by the Company and sign-off on attendance register.
- Initiate monthly 1-2-1 discussion with Team and properly document it.
- Assist in team-building and meetings for Finance Team.
Qualifications Required: Degree in Accounting from a recognized institution is minimum, and working towards CPA accreditation.
Closing Date: Friday 16th August 2019.