Vacancy Title: Retail & Customer Care Officer
Reports To (Position): Senior Retail & Customer Care Officer
Section/Department: Retail & Customer Care – Commercial Department
Position Purpose: The Retail & Customer Care Officer is responsible for interacting with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about STCL products and services. Ensure customer needs are fulfilled and their experience exceeds service expectations so they leave satisfied and can return.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Retail & Customer Care Officer” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 28th September 2018. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
“Retail & Customer Care Officer”
Head of Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Broader knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant computer applications, system use, offered products and services.
- Ability to work and fit in well in a team, friendly and outgoing personality, and shows own initiatives.
- Excellent numeric, oral and language applications knowledge and skills – and the ability to translate and convey them to others in an effective and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of administrative processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to relate well with both internal and external customers.
- 4 years of extensive experience in a similar role.
- Accurately perform and develop daily sales and stock level reports and updates.
- Carryout daily transactions receiving/processing cash or cheque payments for product and service sales.
- Recommend, select and help locate the merchandise customers want; suggest and encourage customers to purchase products.
- Provide pricing information to customers on recommended product/service – communicate any changes in prices with justification as to why they do.
- Create a strong frontline image of the company by providing high level of customer service and displaying positive attitudes – by providing timely feedback and solving customer queries to a satisfactory level of their requirement and leaving a benchmark.
- Advice and answer queries customers may have direct or in directly on stock availability, services/products specifications and details of special offers on service and product’s price.
- Ensure the shop floor is clean, tidy and welcoming, with attractive displays of products in the Phone-Shop.
- Ensure customers are not left unattended at any time. Liaise with team members, arrange and organize within the team to ensure customers are not taking longer to be served.
- Perform all customer responsibilities as per company established policies and procedures.
- Develop and submit daily, weekly and monthly sales, revenue, stock level, customer issues and staff issues reports to supervisor/line manager.
- Access and effectively perform task on SMILE, Odoo, Vx View Access and other applications and system use – main assistance with enquiries.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all time in carryout duties.
- Identify development needs in the Retail & Customer Care – recommend and communicate to supervisor/line manager for action.
- Assist Senior Customer Care Officer and Team Leader Retail & Customer Care to develop and organize workflow to meet customer timeframe and suit team schedules.
- Share ideas and practices with other team members that have worked for other Phone-Shops.
- Actively involve and take ownership in keeping a clean, tidy and welcoming work environment – smart and professional physical appearance.
Qualifications Required: Acquire a Diploma or higher qualifications in Business Administration, Management & Public Administration, Tourism & Hospitality Studies or other relevant field.
Closing Date: Friday 28th September 2018.