Vacancy Title: Senior Engineer IPVPN & Cloud Services
Reports To (Position): Manager Information Systems
Section/Department: Information Systems – Engineering Department
Position Purpose: Senior Engineer IPVPN & Cloud Services is responsible for the managing, delivery, support, maintenance and security of IPVPN Services & Products and also including all Cloud Computing Services application & solutions.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Senior Engineer IPVPN & Cloud Services” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 30th August 2019. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
“Senior Engineer IPVPN & Cloud Services”
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148, Honiara
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Knowledge of IP Technology & Concepts.
- Knowledge of the OSI model switching and Internet routing technologies.
- General understanding of Networking such as DNS services, load balancers, routing, firewalls etc. to be leveraged for designs & troubleshooting.
- Basic Knowledge of storage concept Eg: SAN.
- In-depth knowledge of IT in a Telecommunication Business Environment.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 technologies & L2/3 VPNs.
- Familiar with server hardware from HP, Cisco, IBM or DELL including RAID Technology.
- Administer virtual servers in a VMware environment.
- Assist in designing, developing, delivery and support on all IPVPN Services & Products.
- Assist in design, delivery & support on IP Access technologies, VPN and other Cloud Platform Services.
- Delivery and support on all Cloud Computing Services & Solutions.
- Ensure IPVPN & Cloud Services are up & running daily 24/7.
- Ensure our legacy lease circuit link is up and running daily 24/7.
- Work with other Engineering technical teams & external vendors on product placement & feature improvements for reliability, availability and serviceability.
- Manage provisioning, delivery & support of all Dedicated Internet Customers.
- Attend to customers queries and provide support and feedback in a reasonable timeframe.
- Manage provisioning, delivery and support on the legacy lease line circuit for existing customers.
- Ensuring that there is availability of all IPVPN equipment including Cisco routers and accessories at all times.
- Ensure that all IPVPN and Cloud computing services installations are done according to Company standards.
- Ensuring weekly team reports are done on time and delivered to Manager Information Systems.
- Work closely with external vendor & the Commercial team in delivering this services.
- Discuss with the internal team on any new services and products.
- Assist other Engineering team in delivering IPVPN and Cloud Service.
Qualifications Required: Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or similar field from an accredited & recognised institution.
Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019