Vacancy Title: Senior Engineer SBNIC & DNS Services
Reports To (Position): Manager Information Systems
Section/Department: Information Systems – Engineering Department
Position Purpose: Senior Engineer SBNIC & DNS Services is responsible for the operation, maintenance, security & management of all IP related services including the ccTLD dot SB (SBNIC) and ensuring optimal email & web services delivery for all customers.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Senior Engineer SBNIC & DNS Services” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 27th November 2020. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
“Senior SBNIC & DNS Services”
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148, Honiara
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- In-depth knowledge of IT in a Telecommunication Business Environment.
- Sound knowledge of the OSI model switching and internet routing technologies.
- Ability to plan, implement and market SBNIC services and products.
- Knowledge & Experience in management and administration of a ccTLD.
- Knowledge & Experience working with Linux based systems.
- Knowledge of safety policies and regulations.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar field from an accredited & recognised institution.
- Design, planning, support & administration of the country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) for Solomon Islands (.SB).
- Maintenance & Administration of the Solomon Islands Network Information Centre (SBNIC).
- Administration & Maintenance of the Domain Name Servers (DNS) and security (DNSSEC).
- Delivery and support of external customers’ email services.
- Manage and support the external Customer Email services and security.
- Attend to SBNIC customers queries and provide support and feedback in a reasonable time frame.
- Work closely with the Commercial teams in promoting and delivery of .SB products.
- Ensuring that SBNIC services and products are available at all times.
- Ensuring that provisioning of SBNIC services are done according to company and CoCCA standards.
- Ensuring weekly and monthly team reports are done on time and submitted to Manager Information Systems.
- Work closely with CoCCA and other Registry/Registrar in delivering .SB services
- Discuss with internal team on .SB promotions and other new market venture.
Qualifications Required: Diploma or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant field.
Closing Date: Friday 27th November 2020