Vacancy Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Reports To (Position): Manager HR & Business Support
Section/Department: HR & Business Support – HR & Support Services Department
Position Purpose: Support, advise and facilitate HR services and organizational development interventions in STCL to enhance organizational performance and individual effectiveness in achieving the overall mission and goals of Solomon Telekom Company Ltd. Ensure aligning of HR processes, systems, policies and procedures with STCL strategy and structure to increase productivity and delivery of services to the country.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Senior HR & Business Partner” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 16th August 2019. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
“Senior HR & Business Partner”
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Minimum of at least 3 years’ experience in all areas of HR management and staff development as well as Direct experience in facilitating organizational change and HR interventions.
- At least two years HR work experience in Private/Commercial Business Area as well as direct experience in working with multicultural teams and proven ability to develop people in a cross-cultural setting.
- A thorough understanding of all areas in Human resource Management and integration of each of this function and Knowledge of STCL HR minimum standards and practices as well as Understand STCL governance structure and Corporate Governance Policy.
- Strong strategic thinking, organizational, facilitation, consultancy, change management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration & team building skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills as well as Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Contribute to the development of STCL HR strategy, priorities and annual plan in support of and in alignment with STCL Business strategies and priorities.
- Strategic HR planning from a budgetary point of view to factor the costs of recruitment, training, etc. STCL’s operating budget (Opex).
- Support Head HR and Support Services in developing effective HR strategies and plans appropriate to their context in alignment with the provincial, regional and departmental Business strategies and priorities.
- Act as the link and focal point for HR issues in the teams, departments, regions and provinces.
- Participation and active contribution in the HR partnership forums, working groups and networks within the Business.
- Collaborate with Business support services, sectors and other functions to ensure complementarities and effective integration of HR policies, procedures and a clear understanding of these are maintained by staff.
- Support Departments and Regions on HR initiatives; examples Performance Management, Change Management, Capacity Building, Succession planning, etc.
- Support and advise the managers and ensuring integration and successful implementation of HR standards, policies, procedures and systems.
- Collaborate with the HR team in guiding and monitoring the implementation of HR initiatives in the Business.
- Facilitate consultative meetings and group processes during negotiation and conflict situation.
- Ensure standard implementation of STCL HR Philosophy, practices, procedures and policies.
- Ensure compliance to Local Labour and Tax laws and practices.
- Promote awareness of Key STCL policies on corporate governance, conflict of interest, sexual harassment etc.
- Collaborate with HR in ensuring compliance to Internal Control HR audit standards.
- Oversees the appropriate staffing level in each team, Department, Region and Province, providing coaching on hiring, firing, training, performance management/evaluation of staff.
- Provide technical leadership, support and guidance in the area of HR, ensuring compliance to the systems, standards, policies and guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance in organization analysis, planning, design & capacity building, reward management, performance management, employee engagement, training and policy review;
- Contribute to the development of policies, guidelines and standards relating to HR and assist in contextualizing and mainstreaming it within the Departments, Provinces and Regions.
- Collaborate closely with the HR team to ensure optimal integration of HR strategy, plan and implementation across all levels of the business.
- Contribute to Business wide communication and change management processes to support implementation of STCL HR strategy.
- Facilitate mutual learning between Departments and Regions within STCL by disseminating best practices in HR processes to stakeholders in these processes.
- Harness the expertise and experiences in HR new initiatives within the Business in STCL.
- Contribute to establishment and use of data bases and E-resources including good practices relating HR as part of wider knowledge management strategy.
- Participate and actively contribute as a member of HR team to issues and concerns that affect staff and HR within STCL.
- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and contribute to providing excellence in services that are evident in internal audits.
- Contribute to the assessment, development and implementation of an integrated capacity building plan based on Department priorities and strategy.
- Plan, conduct and follow up workshops/training on HR, Organizational Development, Change Management and related topics as needed.
- Share / facilitate access to HR training resources and support training opportunities for STCL. These may include developing or conducting training, engagement of trainers, establishing institutional links, identifying opportunities for staff exchange or mentoring.
- Advise managers on core competencies and capacity requirement for various positions at all levels.
- Promote coaching and mentoring relationships between HR personnel.
Qualifications Required: HR Professional certification/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Closing Date: Friday 16th August 2019