Vacancy Title: Senior Technician Tier 1 Support
Reports To (Position): Engineer Network & Statistics
Section/Department: Network Management & Support – Engineering Department
Position Purpose: This role is responsible for performing NOC shift duties, through constant monitoring, detection, documentation and reporting of events and alarms; and to assist in the resolving of these events and alarms when they occur.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Senior Technician Tier 1 Support” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 16th November 2018. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
“Senior Technician Tier 1 Support”
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications concepts, especially related to electrical or electronic engineering.
- Ability to understand the operation of the Network Management system of the NOC.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and has a positive behaviour and excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to work as a team.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to grasp modern technology quickly.
- Knowledge of safety policies and regulations.
- Maintain the business by ensuring that overall STCL network is monitored to detect and report incidents and alarms as they occur.
- Sustain the business by proactively monitoring the network to identify and report issues before downtime occurs.
- Assist to provide traffic statistics as and when required to assist STCL Management to analyse and forecast network performance to improve revenue growth.
- Assist with monitoring of capital expenditures and ensure they are within the allocated budget.
- Maintaining a stable network by ensuring that problems occurring within the functionality of the NOC are reported immediately.
- Provide assistance and liaising with Essential Teams to resolve faults, incidents and alarms.
- Escalate complex issues to next line of support and Management appropriately to minimize downtime.
- Maintain close contact and open communication until an issue has been resolved.
- Documentation of policies, processes and all incidental events.
- Record and follow-up on alarms in the network as they occur, and to ensure they are resolved within a reasonable timeframe.
- Liaise with respective engineering functions or departments by use of the ticketing system, to ensure alarms are attended to.
- Nurture team work with effective collaboration with teams across the business.
- Provide leadership collaboration with NOC team.
- Assist with staff performance management.
Qualifications Required: Certificate or Diploma in either Electrical or Electronic engineering (related to Telecommunications or IP) from an accredited and recognised institution.
Closing Date: Friday 16th November 2018.