Vacancy Title: Project Accountant
Reports To (Position): Management Accountant
Section/Department: Business Support – Finance Department
Position Purpose: To manage specific functional projects within the finance team and deliver outcomes as per scope. To provide support on other Finance areas as directed by Line Manager or Head of Department.
Number of position available: 1
Application Contact Information: To submit an application for further information on the position, send your application via email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Accountant” or by mail to the address noted below before or by Friday 29th January 2021. You can also contact by phone on +677 43350 or 43502.
Head of HR & Support Services
Solomon Telekom Company Limited
P.O Box 148, Honiara
Vacancy Location: Honiara, Solomon Islands
Competency Required (skills, knowledge & experience):
- Demonstrated analytical skills to interpret and comprehend financial and non-financial data.
- Proficient with other Microsoft Office applications with advanced Microsoft excel skills (data manipulation, advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Demonstrated record of collaborative approach which achieves results and maintains strong working relationships across the organisation.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of Accounting standards and its application.
- Positive and self-motivated. Must be a team leader and team player. Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least 3 years’ job experience.
- Manage specific functional projects within the finance team and deliver outcomes as per scope.
- Engage with other departments and stakeholders to ensure proper and efficient development of solutions as per specifications, communicate project status, and obtain sufficient internal resourcing to complete the project.
- Assist the Management Accountant in reviewing the applicability of IFRS standards to new products, projects, systems, for STCL and its subsidiary, in order to ensure compliance.
- Document existing Finance processes in order to identify improvement strategies in processes, systems and procedures to maximise efficiency.
- Identify areas of opportunity to strengthen controls to improve various finance functions.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with other colleagues across the organisation.
- Continually identify areas for self-development and upskilling.
Qualifications Required: Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance and an IT related field (Computer Science/Information Systems/Software Development, etc.).
Closing Date: Friday 29th January 2021.